I got a comment on my first post from Jerome Bixby (even though he's been dead for thirteen years) saying he'll see me in court. Although he's dead (and obviously joking, by the way), I think now's a good time to point out how I came up with the name of my blog. Ghost Jerome is correct; I got the idea from the film
The Man From Earth (which, by the way, is an AMAZING film and everyone should see it immediately after reading this). I won't give the plot of the film away, but I just wanted to say that I got the name of my blog from that.
Mainly because I couldn't think of anything better; "Martin's Blog" sounded stupid, obviously.
Also, now that's said, I want to let everyone know why I started blogging. I'll be going to Quebec in July, and I really wanted to blog about my trip. So, to get in the habit of blogging (even though the word "blogging" for some reason makes me cringe), I made a general one to use before my trip.
So there you have it. The explanation of the name and the purpose of the blog.
P.S. - RIP Jerome Bixby
No comments:
Post a Comment